Friday, October 16, 2009

Cleaning the AAC Valve





Ive been attempting to locate my strange hesitation issue. I searched around and there was a possibilty of the aac valve being dirty & or clogged. I removed it and cleaned it out. The car does drive smoother but didnt cure my hesitation. Heres the pics and general info for you feast your eyes on.


Heres the location of the AAC Valve itself (just left of the oil filter). Its held on with 4 bolts.

1

I dont have a/c in my car so removing and installing the valve was not a major issue at all. Takes about 5 min tops with no a/c lines in your way. With the a/c lines in it will be a PITA. 10mm for all 4 bolts.

2

Heres the valve removed.

3

Heres the area to clean, mine didnt look to bad.. You wanto make sure and remove the sensor from the body (2 screws) before cleaning it out. I used carb cleaner and Q-tips.

4

And here she is all minty fresh.

5

I added a very thin coat of gasket maker to it before installing again. You will find the top 2 and bottom left bolts area very easy to put back in. The bottom right bolt is in a funny spot and will require you use both hands to screw it in. I attempted with one hand and the bolt fell. It didnt hit the ground and I couldnt locate it until I backed out my driveway and heard it fall out. If I missed anything please chime in. -Adam

0 ความคิดเห็น:

Post a Comment

 

© Copyright 2009 by SR20 Party